Terms & Conditions
OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Trade Paints (UK) Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Trade Paints (UK) Ltd. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
ACCURACY OF CONTENT
Trade Paints (UK) Ltd has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that the description of the goods is as advertised on this website. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor´s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Trade Paints (UK) Ltd disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Damage to your Computer Trade Paints (UK) Ltd makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. Trade Paints (UK) Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
For the purposes of these Conditions of Sale, the following definitions shall apply: "The Company" shall mean Trade Paints (UK) Ltd, Unit 5 The Glade Business Centre, Eastern Avenue, West Thurrock, Essex RM20 3FH "The Purchaser" shall mean the party described as the customer. "The Goods" shall mean all goods supplied by the Company to the Purchaser under this contract.
2. OVERRIDING PROVISIONS
1. All offers are accepted and all Goods are sold subject to and upon these Conditions of Sale. No addition, alteration, variation or waiver of any term of these Conditions of Sale shall be binding unless agreed in writing by the parties. The Purchaser shall be deemed to have agreed these Conditions in relation to all present and future dealings between the parties. 2. No Purchaser Terms and Conditions of Purchase and no other terms, conditions, warranties, particulars, standards, criteria, specifications and other matters, whether written or oral, express or implied, shall form part of or be deemed to be incorporated into this contract unless agreed in writing by a authorised officer of each party.
3. CREDIT ACCOUNT
The Company will not accept applications for a credit account. The Company will only accept & dispatch orders once in receipt of payment in full.
Where the Company has agreed to arrange delivery of the Goods, the following provisions shall apply: 1. The Goods will be delivered to the location stated on the order as accepted by the Company 2. Times quoted for delivery represent only the Company’s best estimates, time not being of the essence. The Company shall in good faith endeavor to meet such estimated times, but reserves the right to vary the time of delivery and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser as a result of such variation. 3. Delivery notes must be checked and signed at the time of delivery 4. It shall be the duty of the Purchaser to examine the Goods upon delivery to ensure that the delivery is complete and that the Goods have no been damaged in transit. 5. In the event that any of the Goods have been damaged in transit or delivery is incomplete the Purchaser shall notify the Company by clearly stating the nature of such damage or incomplete delivery upon the Delivery Note prior to signature thereof 6. The Company’s liability shall be limited to the purchase price of the Goods damaged and not delivered 7. The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever if the Purchaser fails to give such notice of damage or non-delivery and any such damage to the Goods shall be deemed to have occurred after the transit is ended unless the contrary is proved by the Purchaser 8. The Company must be notified by the Purchaser of non-delivery of goods and or damage of goods within 7 days of the invoice date.The Company will refuse any claim from the Purchaser after this 7 day period. 9. No Goods may be returned to the Company unless the Company’s prior written consent is obtained. 10. UK deliveries take place Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays), usually between 8.00am - 20.00pm & may take up to A MINIMUM OF 10 working days for most UK destinations.
The Company do not deliver on a Sunday. Orders placed after 10:00AM may be processed the next working day.
11. The price of delivery on the web site is for England,Wales,Scotland. If our postcode system does not recognise that you are not on the Mainland we reserve the right to charge you any extra cost incurred by the Company.
12. The Company will select the most appropriate courier for your goods. This means your delivery may arrive in more than one batch to ensure your order is transported in the best possible way.
13. Deliveries will be attempted at the Purchasers chosen address on the following day if the first delivery was unsuccessful at a charge of £10.00. If your delivery was unsuccessful on the second attempt all goods will be returned to the Company. The Purchaser will be notified by the Company if/when the Purchasers order has been returned. 14. If after 7 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays), the Company has not received communication from the Purchaser regarding their order returned, the Purchasers goods will be sent by the Company to a hazardous waste disposal specialist for immediate disposal. 15. No refund will be issued to the Purchaser by the Company if subject to 4.14.
Goods will be charged at the Company’s prices ruling on the date of dispatch.
6. RETURNS & REFUNDS
1.It is the Company's general policy not to accept return of goods. In exceptional circumstances standard products may be returned to us within 14 days of date of delivery provided that the customer has written agreement from the Company to such a return. No claims will be entertained for returns outside this period. Goods are to be returned at the customer’s expense to the original source of supply as specified by Trade Paints (UK) Ltd and a re-stocking charge of 20% will be made for goods that are of merchantable quality as determined by the Company. Not all goods may be accepted back into stock for credit. Any refund will less the original carriage cost. 2. If you open tins and original packaging then we will not be able to offer the goods for resale as new so we will not be able to offer you a refund. 3. We are unable to offer refunds on items that have been especially manufactured / tinted to a specific bespoke colour for you. In all circumstances, all topcoat colours including BS4800, BS381c, Ral, are manufactured to order are considered bespoke & no refunds will be accepted. Please carefully read our disclaimer regarding colours.
Colours are for reference only and are an approximation of the true colours. The quality, type and settings of the output device used to display our paint colours will also affect your visible colour. 4. The Company are unable to offer refunds on Fire Resistant / Intumescent coatings. 5. Return shipment will be at your own cost. The Company can not arrange a third party collection on your behalf. 6. When returning goods the Company recommends that the Purchaser use a carrier who offers shipment tracking and that you insure the package for its full value. The Purchaser will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods during transit. 7. Whilst an order is in a processing status, a refund will be subject to a 10% administration charge, which will be deducted from the full and final refund.
7. REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY
1. At the date of delivery all Goods supplied by the Company shall conform with all United Kingdom statutory enactment’s and regulations which relate thereto and shall be free from defects in materials and design. 2. The Company’s liability for failure to comply with the aforementioned warranty, shall be limited to the replacement free of charge of the Goods failing to comply with the warranty or at the option of the Company, issuing to the Purchaser a credit note equivalent to the price of the Goods failing to comply with the warranty. The Company shall not in any event be liable unless: 1. The Purchaser notifies the Company in writing within 1 (one) week of any date of delivery of the Goods or the expiration of the "best before" date(s) applicable to the Goods (whichever is the earlier of the two) of any defect or failure to comply with United Kingdom statutory enactment’s and regulations; and 2.0The Goods have been properly stored by the Purchaser at the correct temperatures 3.The Company’s catalogues, price lists and all descriptions other that any directly referable to the contract, are merely indications of the kind of goods supplied by the Company, and no particulars given in any of them shall bind the Company unless expressly agreed in writing by the Company.
1. The Company shall not in any event be liable for any loss of profit or other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising 2. Except as specifically provided in these Conditions, the Company shall be under no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever attributable to any act or default of the Company or failure to carry out the contract terms 3. The Company will not indemnify the Purchaser subject to 1. in respect of any claims arising from personal injury to or death of any person whomsoever and 2. Any damage to or loss of any property, real or personal, insofar only as such injury, death, damage or loss is due to any negligent act or default of the Company, its servants, agents or other persons for whom it is responsible and is not attributable to the negligent act or default of the Purchaser, its servants, agents or other persons for whom it may be responsible.
9. INTERFERENCE WITH MARKINGS
1. The Purchaser shall not alter, obscure, remove, conceal or otherwise interfere with any markings or other indication of source of origin on any goods or their labeling and packaging 2. Where the Goods supplied are supplied in any packaging or containers designed by the Purchaser or which are marked in accordance with the Purchaser’s specific requests, the Purchaser shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or liability incurred by the Company in consequence of any infringement of any patent, trademark, registered design or copyright arising from the supply of Goods in any such packaging or containers.
10. TITLE AND RISK
1 The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Purchaser upon delivery 2. Title to the Goods shall remain the property of the Company until such time as all debts and other liabilities (whether arising under this contract or otherwise) owed by the Purchaser to the Company have been paid in full 3. The Purchaser hereby irrevocably authorises the representatives of the Company to enter upon the Purchaser’s premises where the Goods are stored, or are thought to be stored, for the purpose of repossessing them and subsequently reselling them.
1.The company accepts payment by Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Maestro, Amex, Delta, PayPal & Apple Pay. All product prices and delivery charges are shown in UK pounds sterling.
2. Upon receiving your order, the Company will authorise a charge for the full order amount in UK pounds sterling against your chosen payment method.
3. If for any reason the purchaser pays by cheque for any order and the payment is not honoured by the purchasers bank, a fee will be applied by the Company for the sum of £35.00 + Vat.
Where the Company owes any sums to the Purchaser in consequence of any trading arrangements or for promotional or advertising contributions or for retrospective discounts, the Company shall settle such amounts by setting off such amounts against all sums owed to the Company hereunder.
No retrospective / turnover discounts will be given to the Purchaser unless the charges for the period covered have been paid in accordance with standard settlement terms.
14. WAIVER OF CONDITIONS AND INDULGENCE
Any concession granted by the Company to the Purchaser or any waiver by the Company of its rights under these Conditions of Sale in respect of any particular transaction or series of transactions shall not be deemed an agreement to confer the same concession in respect of any further transaction.
15. FORCE MAJEURE
If the Company’s ability to perform its obligations hereunder is limited, delayed or prevented in whole or in part by any reason whatsoever not reasonably within the control of the Company, the Company shall be excused, discharged and released without penalty from performance of the contract to the extent that such performance is so limited, delayed or prevented.
16. SUB CONTRACTS
The Company shall in its discretion be entitled to subcontract its obligations, hereunder.
All notices and communications made pursuant to these Conditions of Sale by one party to the other shall be validly given or made by letter by first class registered post sent to the addresses listed overleaf or such address as shall be notified to the party concerned. All noted sent in accordance with the above shall be deemed to have been received within forty-eight hours of the date of posting.
By signature and/or acceptance of Goods, the Purchaser agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
If any of these Conditions of Sale is held not to be valid but would be valid if any pert of the wording were deleted or modified then that provision shall apply with such modifications as may be necessary to make it enforceable.
20. GOVERNING LAW
These conditions of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the English courts.